Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The beginning of a new chapter...

Well, the world is finally beginning to make a little sense again. Slowly but surely my life is getting to a point of stability. This past year of my life has been, for the most part, the craziest and most difficult I've ever had to navigate. I've become quite ill at times, due to the stress and worry of it all, and have also fought depression quite fiercely. There would be some mornings when I would wake and wonder why I was even here. And at times find it nearly impossible to focus my mind enough to function let alone be myself. It became not just a random struggle...every second of everyday I fought the doubt and fear that threatened to consume me.

In a sense I was drowning in a life that no matter where I turned, I was faced with nothing but more darkness and uncertainty of what my future held. 

But, as always, there was always one thing that could bring my calm in the midst of the storms I seemed to continuously encounter in my life. Writing. So I dove in and gave myself permission to truly get lost and enjoy the one thing that still brought me joy. Even if the words I put down were AWFUL, it still felt so great to pour out this part of ME.

And so now, as I end this chapter of my life, I'm on the verge of beginning a new chapter. A new life. A life on my own and in a new city. I get the opportunity to start over. And I can finally see this as the wonderful gift that it is. While I'll admit that I'm completely petrified of what the future may or may not hold, I'm simultaneously excited about finally taking MY LIFE off hold. I've been standing on the tracks of my life, stagnant, and wondering where I'm headed in my life...it feels good to actually be moving forward again.



My writing over the past year has been spotty to say the least. For that, I apologize. But what I've learned above all else is that writing is and continues to be a comforting form of salvation for ME. I'm currently in revamp mode for the first book of my Origin series, THE ORIGIN REPORT, and prepping for a revamp release that will include the story being available in e-book and hardback format, plus an additional chapter. 

At this time, I have chosen to un-publish TOR, but will re-publish within the next two weeks once formatting and new edits have been completed. Yes, I know. It seems to be a never ending process with me, but it's a learning process and I am definitely learning. 

And I'm the first to admit that I'm not particularly great at balancing the level of social media interaction that some of my peers operate on AND my writing. I've therefor made the choice to find balance and order in the way that best suits me. 

While I understand there are particular methods some people use in proceeding in publishing. For me, at this stage, I'm content to focus on what I love most...writing.  But I will continue to be available to those who wish to reach out to me. It's just at this time, with the craziness of my life on top of writing my series and beginning a new project, I simply have to prioritize in order to keep myself on track with what matters most. It's not that I don't enjoy social media (Facebook and Twitter)...but they tend to be a bit too distracting for me and I really don't want to make this into something that's not enjoyable or feel as if I'm splitting myself too thin. 

I want to thank all those who have continued to reach out and have offered support. It has meant the WORLD to me! I will be around and I'm always watching. *wink*

Happy Writing & Happy Reading!!!

PS - Oh! Did I mention that I just returned from holiday (<-- love saying that!) in the BEAUTIFUL city of LONDON?!?! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! That post will be up in the next day or so! CHEERS!



1 comment:

  1. Blaire! We need to catch up, it seems both of us have been swamped for the past year or so, although you've probably had more important reasons. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete